BADUNG Bali, May 22, 2026,WorldWartaGlobal.Id
A plan by 13 Indonesians to depart for Hajj through unofficial channels was stopped at I Gusti Ngurah Rai Airport. Ngurah Rai Immigration officers halted their departure at the International Departure Terminal after finding several irregularities during inspection.
Initially, officers checked 7 people who were about to fly to Kuala Lumpur. When questioned, they couldn’t explain their travel purpose and couldn’t produce visas matching their destination.
Suspicious, officers dug deeper and found 6 more people from the same group had already passed through the autogate. All 13 were then brought in for further questioning.
Suspicion grew stronger when an officer saw one passenger opening their return ticket to Indonesia on their phone. A notification popped up from a WhatsApp group named “Hebat Haji 2026.”
From the group chat, there were indications of a plan to depart for Dubai to perform Hajj outside official channels. There were even instructions telling family members not to escort them to the airport so the real purpose wouldn’t be discovered.
Firm Action Under the Law
Officers immediately delayed the departure of the entire group in accordance with Law No. 6 of 2011 on Immigration and Minister of Law and Human Rights Regulation No. 9 of 2024 on Immigration Inspection Procedures.
The 13 Indonesians were then handed over to the I Gusti Ngurah Rai Airport Police for further investigation.
Head of Ngurah Rai Immigration Office, Bugie Kurniawan, said his office will tighten surveillance against potential illegal Hajj departures.
“Ngurah Rai Immigration is committed to carrying out oversight professionally and humanely to prevent non-procedural departures that can harm the public. Use official channels and procedures so that safety and legal protection are guaranteed,” said Bugie.
This case serves as a reminder that illegal Hajj departure methods are becoming more diverse, including using WhatsApp groups and transit routes through third countries.
Views Post
